DOWNEY CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER
Orloff & Associates APC is a plaintiff’s personal injury law firm located in Downey, California. Our trial attorneys and team of office staff are focused to maximize relief for people who are injured in our local community. We spend the time it takes to obtain the right result for seriously injured people throughout Southern California.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) data shows that more than 37,000 are killed in motor vehicle crashes annually. In another study, more than 3 million people report being injured in car accidents. People in the Downey area know that car accidents occur on their streets every day, some with devastating impacts. People are not paying attention and hit the car in front of them or turn when it is not safe to have another car T-bone them.
The practice of law is a craft which we have spent decades perfecting. The reason that you need a lawyer to represent you in your car accident is to use our experience to guide you from the day of your crash, finding you the right doctors to go to, and presenting your claim just right.
EXPERIENCE MAKES A DIFFERENCE
The impact upon the lives of all persons involved in a crash are affected and disrupted. It takes an experienced Attorney to guide a car accident victim through the process and represent them against the insurance companies to obtain a fair result.
You have been injured in a traffic accident and deserve financial compensation, but you have no clue how much your injuries are really worth. Some accidents are Moderate- Impact with Soft-Tissue (MIST) injuries which take great skill in properly preparing. One of our clients was hit by a garbage truck, causing the airbags to deploy, from which she went partially deaf from the impact. We were able to establish causation through the use of an expert and obtained an excellent settlement for our client. Sometimes clients have traumatic brain injuries which require special handling to diagnose and treat.
Personal injury case valuation and settlement amounts vary greatly. The insurance companies will often offer a few hundred dollars to see if you will take it to sign away your rights. You might still be injured and become pressured to take a minimal settlement. Insurance companies make it their business to know exactly how much they can get away with, implementing software to know how much your claim would result in if it went to trial and if you are desperate enough to take it. It takes the skill of an experienced attorney to know how to navigate through to your fair compensation.
Each and every traffic accident is different. Your particular injuries, damages and expenses must be calculated distinctly for your particular case. There are many additional factors which most people in car accidents don't think about when they try to determine the average personal injury settlement amount.
PERSONAL INJURY LITIGATION
In Los Angeles County, about 97% of all cases settle before trial. Trials arevery expensive and insurance companies have to weigh the costs andbenefits of settling versus going to trial. There are many factors whichhelp insurance companies decide the maximum amount of money they arewilling to settle for and whether or not they should take their chances at trial.Each of these factors are what make up your case.
- Whether Liability is clearly in your favor. Insurance companies often try to say it ispartially your fault and it takes a skilled attorney in order to get them to pay for the fullaccident.
- Property Damage - The cost of repairing or replacing your car, but also items in your car such as car seats, phones, or even Christmas presents which were damaged in a crash.
- Out-of-pocket expenses - Costs directly related to the crash such as ambulance, tow trucks, Uber rides, and prescription medication you incur as a direct result of your personal injury are recoverable costs.
- How severe are the injuries - Permanent disabilities, scars and broken bones are severe injuries which often gain jury sympathy which lead to large verdicts. Whether pre-existing conditions were made worse. Every medical expense associated with injuries sustained in the accident affects the value.
- Missed time from work - Lost earnings or wages. The time you are away from work because of the injuries caused by the crash as well as your diminished ability to perform your job during your physical recovery and/or in the future.
- Inability to do household chores - Someone has got to clean the toilets and take out the trash. If your injuries make it impossible or too painful for you to handle your normal household or familial duties, you should be compensated for it, especially if you need to hire someone to do your chores due to your injuries.
- Loss of enjoyment of life - whether you are unable to go dancing, get in and out of a bathtub, are unable to attend weddings or to take walks in the park with your loved ones, car accidents negatively affect many aspects of your life.
- Loss of consortium - The damage or toll the accident and your injuries has taken on your marriage and relationship with your spouse.
- Pain and suffering - All the ways the accident and your injuries have negatively affected any aspect of your life such as your work, family, social life, sports, hobbies or activities, etc.
- Hired Help and Caregivers - The cost of hiring someone to take care of any household or family responsibilities while you were recovering from your injuries.
- Whether Trial is worth the expense - Trials are very expensive and settlement sometimes makes more sense than fighting.
- Whether you have an attorney. Experienced Lawyers know the true value of your case and can greatly impact the value of your settlement. Insurance companies are much more generous with their offers when you have a lawyer who is not afraid to go to trial. Having the best personal injury attorney advocating on your behalf will ensure that the insurance company doesn't offer you a lower settlement than you deserve.
AT ORLOFF & ASSOCIATES APC, WE BELIEVE IN OUR CLIENTS AND THEIR CASES. We are confident in the cases we take on, which is why our personal injury cases work on a contingency fee basis. This means that our clients owe no attorney’s fees and will not be required to pay any costs until a recovery is obtained for you in your case.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident, contact a Downey car accident attorney at Orloff & Associates APC to schedule a consultation.